|a. Name of the College
|College of Food Science & Technology
|b. Postal Address
||College of Food Science & Technology, Rudrur, Nizamabad Dist - 503 188
|c. Telegraphic Address
|d. Telephone No. With STD Code
|g. Fax No.
||Year of Establishment of College
||Objectives / Mandate
- To develop internationally competitive skilled manpower in food science and technology for industry, research & development, self-employment and service industry
- To develop technologies in the area of processing and value addition for higher economic returns
- To enhance food production , improve nutritional security and income support to farm households
- To develop & disseminate post-harvest management and processing technologies for reducing losses to meet varied demands of consumer and lead to accelerated growth of agriculture and allied sectors
- To encourage entrepreneurship in food processing sector
- To develop new products for value addition, to assist in adoption of stringent international standards and to maintain quality of processed foods.
- To make the farming more lucrative and increasing of food production by introducing on-farm processing technologies. The food processing industry can play an important role in building the required infrastructure as well as introducing best practices for storage and handling.
- To reduce post- harvest losses by innovative processing technologies and conversion of surplus produce into various high value products
- Technologies to drive innovation and skill development to drive growth in food processing sector over next decade.
- Make food available to the global population at an affordable cost and ensure greater transparency in price, volumes and inventory of food produce even in adverse conditions or in times of calamitie
- To develop proficiency related to compliance to FSSAI rules & international standards for food products
- To develop proactiveness among the students is developed to keeping keen eye on market launches, mapping of products to understand the market trend and proactively develop new concepts.
||B.Tech (Food Technology)
||Name of the Principal